My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Monday, July 17, 2006

pedwar deg wyth

Me: So Luc, what have you been doing in school?

Luc (age 5): hmmm, well, I can't really remember. I remember playing with Lego!

Me: Oh is that all you do in school then?!

Luc: What do you do in university Ceryn?

Me: Well Luc, you're very good at talking but some little boys and girls, and some adults, find it difficult so I've been learning how to help them.

Luc: Oh. Why do they find it difficult?

(There follows a quite lengthy discussion about the brain, vocal cords, the mouth, speech, and exams. And this kid is FIVE!)

Luc: So now you've finished your exams is that your job?

Me: Well, it will be my job, but first I'm gonna do something else. I'm gonna go to a place called Portsmouth and...err...(rapidly searching for the words to explain Relay to a five year old from a non-Christian home)..err..I'm gonna learn lots about God and the Bible and then talk to other people about it. (Poor, I know)

Luc: Oh. We've got a Bible in school if you want to borrow it...

Me: (HUGE grin, melting heart, arms wrapped round my gorgeous little cousin. I don't think he's ever been cuter than at that moment!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethan said...

Aww wow! That is so CUTE, and great! Awwww!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Ed Goode said...

*desperate to make joke about luc's school experience being the same as ceryn's uni experience re: playing with toys*

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home