My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

pedwar deg pump

So on my way home from Tesco's I decide to deliberately miss the turning that will take me home. And I just keep driving. I drive to the mountains, to the palce which makes me feel like I'm in Wales, makes me feel like I'm home. And the windows are down, the radio's off, and I'm fighting my thoughts out of my head, out of my mouth, and into prayer.

And I drive up to the top of the mountain; up, up into the dark grey clouds which blot out the view of the Beacons. But there's no rain. And the air feels so much fresher here.

And I keep driving...and down below me I see terrace upon terrace of houses and I pray Lord, make your light shine in this nation again.

Down the road, spiralling through the s-bend in Tirphil and down I go into the heart of the valley. Back up now through New Tredegar; the place where mam grew up, Grandpa lived and died, and my uncle Nigel still lives - a place steeped in family history and the memories and the stories flood my brain. And I'm praying for my family.

And then it's back up the opposite mountain to the one I've just come down. And now the roads go higher. Winding, winding up to the top.

And then I'm there. And then I hit 5th gear. Wooh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home