My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Friday, July 07, 2006

tri deg naw

"Only someone this clever could wear something so silly". Thanks boys.

Another day where something happens and I think to myself "THAT'S going on my 365 later - I found my thing for today."

And then more stuff happens.

Graduation - seeing my coursemates take 'the walk', knowing how hard they've all worked.

Having my parents, Nathan, Gethin and Nana there.

A meal afterwards...a nice, relaxed, fun time together. Even the arguments were fun!

The sausage is Nana's.

The rivers of clouds - pink, yellow, purple, grey - the colours changing in their hue depending on where the clouds are to the nucleus, the setting sun, hidden behind a cloud low on the horizon, right in front of me, but its burning red glow strong enough to see. All this painted like a masterpiece on a blue sky canvas, with a stroke of white up ahead which looks like a plane trail.

Dad getting us lost and looking sheepish.

Tea at Linda's and speaking to Steve on the phone.

The late drive home. Parents and Nana in the car in front. Me and the boys travelling behind, wondering how long to leave it before overtaking them...

Gethin asleep in the back. Me and Nathan singing along to Casting Crowns blasting out the speakers (Gethin can sleep through pretty much everything, but I kinda hope he won't sleep through this.)

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading,
a wave tossed in the ocean
a vapour in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
You've told me who I am
I am Yours.

The best bit of my day came at nearly midnight when I heard Nathan singing those words with all his heart, and the joy in my heart at that moment can not be expressed in the words of any language. Rejoicing that he is saved. Rejoicing at the work God is doing in him.

Nathan playing me a tape of Nicky Gumbel talking about how we reach out to prodigals...Nathan soaking it in even though he's heard it before, delighting in playing it to me; and we know without saying it how much we both long for our own little sleeping prodigal to wake up and come home.

Knowing that as this day officially marks the end of uni, I am here by God's grace. I am saved by God's grace, and it's in God's grace and faithfulness and love I put my hope and trust. And 'my' prodigal.

Thankyou Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home