My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Friday, June 16, 2006

un deg naw

Walking to campus and praying so hard that I'd have the right attitude towards my results. God reminding me that they're meaningless, at the end of the day. Reminding me that what matters is that I'm His. What's so much more important is how I've grown in my relationship with Him over the past four years.

Text from Nathan (brother) - "Results? If you fail can I have the hat?" - making me laugh and putting me at ease.

Waiting for our results. Sat in the sunshine with coursemates, playing with the grass. Chatting about anything other than results. Watching a caterpillar crawl from one blade of grass to the other. Such intricate detail, such wonderful movement, so clever...remembering that God designed that. That's how great He is. And yet He cares about me. He cares about my degree. But ultimately, it's nothing.

Getting a text from dad - "Any news yet? Love you lots anyway! Dxxx"

Making daisy chains with Jo while we're still waiting for our results. Making a crown out of one and sticking it on my head to make my coursemates laugh and ease the tension, just as one of our lecturers tells us they're ready.

Checking the board 5 or 6 times in disbelief. Seeing the joy and relief on my coursemates faces and being there to give them hugs.

Ringing mam, and then promptly hanging up coz I had to go and check the board again.

Champagne and strawberries with coursemates and lecturers. Hugs all round and wonderful speeches from Susan (Year Tutor) and Heather (Student Rep) which finally brought the tears to my eyes.

Text from Nathan - "2.1? I was expecting at least a 9.9".

The joy in my family's and friends voices when I tell them.

Susan grilling Jo over her recent engagement - "Is he worthy of you?!"

A meal in town with some coursemates and then off to Revolution for a bit. Writing "BSc (Hons) MRCSLT HPC - WE DID IT!!!" on the paper tablecloths at Old Orleans.

Really good times. The pain staying bearable enough for me to do all this. The surreal feeling of four years being over. The look on someone's face every now and again as the reality of what they've just achieved hits them.

Having a great chat to Rosie about God and life on the way from Old Orleans to Rev's.

Coming home to a very welcome bed.

What an amaaaaaazin' day. Praise the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home